Pages





Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes

BOO!

Can you believe it's already time for Halloween? It feels like it should still be sometime last winter. Or early spring, at least. 

What are y'all doing for Halloween? We don't really celebrate it, except for helping out with Trunk or Treat at church. But I just HAD to get sick, so I didn't get to rock my cute 50s outfit. Too bad. :(. Maybe someone will decide to have a party at the last minute.I guess I'm a little old for trick or treating ;).
 
Speaking of treats, let's talk about these cupcakes!

Pumpkin spice frappucinos and  lattes are my absolute favorite part of fall, besides football.  And cupcakes are one of my favorite little things in life. So naturally they had to be married and have a baby. And what a yummy baby it is.  

Pumpkin Spice Latte Cupcakes
( Cake adapted from Eat, Live, Run, icing adapted from a church cookbook)

1/2 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c all purpose flour
1/2 15 oz can pumpkin
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tbsp coffee grounds
3/4 c packed brown sugar
1/2 c oil
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp molasses

Preheat oven to 350. Mix dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, mix wet ingredients. Then add to the dry.  Spoon into lined cupcake tins and bake 25-30 min. Let cool completely before icing. 

Pumpkin Spice Frosting:
1 stick butter or margarine, or 4 oz cream cheese, or shortening, or whatever 
2-3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 box powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
milk

Cream butter. Add sugar, vanilla, spices, and 1 tbsp milk, mixing well. Add more milk a little at a time until you reach the desired consistency.

Questions of the day:
What are you going to be for Halloween? And what's your favorite part of fall?

Happy weekend/Halloween!
Mellie

2 comments:

  1. I bet those are so good! Check out that Pumpkin frosting! :) My favorite part of fall is the colors. I love that colors of the leaves as they fall off the tree.

    Oh, and Pumpkin Pie. That's good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, gee, I typed out this comment and went to post it - and it disappeared! Can I do it again? Sounds like a good recipe! You have quite a wide and interesting variety of tastes. I didn't know people make fig pizzas. I used to love Fig Newtons. But not so much anymore. It took me a long time to move away from the childhood meat and potatoes meals we had growing up and I enjoy a few different things. I think it's neat that you enjoy lots of stuff.
    I thought about my husband's great niece and her husband when I read about your traveling desire. She has been traveling a long time even though she's not that old. She's done missionary stuff and is studying to be a missionary w/her husband. That's a whole different kind of traveling though, isn't it? !
    I had been by not long after you posted your blogger award and it blessed me a bunch. I didn't have a coherent moment at the time to post or comment and I wish I had, because I didn't expect so much time to fill in since then. My apologies. I really appreciated your thoughts on that.
    Plus, I had read that you had a birthday and had been wanting to say happy birthday. I'm so late it's almost next year? :) A very belated happy birthday!!
    That was some cake you had!
    Love and hugs to you and your folks, especially you and your mom!
    Love, Jenn (let's see if I close this out correctly now!)

    ReplyDelete